Thursday, December 2, 2010

Candy Cane Cake Pops!

Have you ever heard of Cake Pops? Oh man, OH MAN! I had never tried them until this past weekend when they gave them out at a birthday party we went to. They are super fantastic. I made them following the recipe from Bakerella shown here.



Mine don't even come close to how cute or perfect hers are, but they still taste good, and that's good enough for me.



Start off with your packaged cake mix (any flavor you choose). Cook according to the package instructions. Let cool completely then crumble into fine crumbs in a large bowl.


Take your frosting. She recommends using the cream cheese flavor so of course I did too.


Use about 3/4 of the container of frosting.


Mix together.


Take a tablespoon or so of your cake mixture and roll into a ball.


Place in freezer for 30 minutes to firm up a bit.

This is where I try to add a Christmasy spin to them.


Meanwhile, take some candy canes...


Place in a bag. And let out all your aggressions by pounding those candy canes into tiny little bits.


There you go. Feel better?


Take your chocolate chips, or melting wafers, or almond bark, or whatever, and melt until smooth.


Dip your cake into the chocolate.


Put on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.


While the chocolate is still wet sprinkle on your peppermint pieces.


Or try some dark chocolate with holiday sprinkles.


WARNING: SERVE WITH A GIANT GLASS OF MILK. Trust me on this one!


3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, I've had these once and it was like manna from the heavens! Totally going to make these for a party I'm going to next week! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you or anyone who follows your blog for your yummy treat postings would appreciate this site http://www.bakeitpretty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of a yummy recipe I recently tried. I call them Oreo balls. Take a package of Oreos, crush them up (another oppotunity to let your aggressions out) and mix with a package of softened cream cheese. Roll into balls and either dip in white chocolate or drizzle over the top (which I find easier). Super easy and very delicious. Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...