Friday, March 12, 2010

Fruit Sushi


We LOVE sushi in this house. CalJ tries it every time and every time he spits it out. But I have become fond of making him different kinds of "kid friendly" sushi. Peanut butter and jelly sushi, roast beef and carrot sushi. Well, the possibilities are seemingly endless. I decided to make him a kind of dessert sushi. And thus, fruit sushi was born!

I started out with banana chunks.

And just used a cake decorator tip to cut out the hole in the center.

I rolled the banana chunk in just a bit of lime juice to prevent any browning (plus to help the coconut stick).

Then I just rolled the banana in the coconut to coat.


Line it up neatly onto a serving platter.
Then just fill the banana with assorted fruits of your choice that have been cut in very thin strips and the same length as the banana. I used pineapple, kiwi, cantaloupe, and peaches. I also smashed up a kiwi to represent the wasabi and cut thin slices of frozen peaches as the ginger (although looking at the pictures, the peaches kind of look like raw salmon, oh well).



Even Ry-pie gets down with sushi. Well the "scraps" from the fruit sushi....all mashed up. Yum-yum!




3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have the same kid chopsticks too!!!!!!!! So creative! Maybe we should have "sushi" at Maggie's party ....or would that sort of be a form of mermaid cannibalism???

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol this is awesome! great idea & presentation! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...