Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chiffon flower


Here is an easy little tutorial on how I made a little chiffon flower hair clip.

Start off with chiffon fabric. I used an 1/8 of a yard. I layered 4 sheets together.

Then I cut the large strip into 3 stacks of squares. Each square "stack" measured 5 x 5".

Next, just fold each "stack" in half.

I free-handed this petal template (on notebook paper, no less), and cut it out.

Trace onto folded "stack" of material.

Pin in place and cut out flower shape. (The material really shifts and moves while you're cutting, even when pinned. But don't worry, it just adds to the texture and fullness of the flower). Unfold.

Fold in half, and then in half again so you have somewhat of a triangle shape. Overlap the "tip" of each chiffon sheet like shown. Overlap as much or as little as you want, continuing around and around on top of each other until it is as full as you would like it. I used a total of 12 sheets for my flower. 3 "stacks" + 4 "sheets" per stack = 12 individual layers.
Hand-stitch together to secure and glue onto a barrette and you're done!



And because I'm cheap and relish in any bargain that I come across. I must let you know that the material was .62 cents. CENTS!!!! The lady at Hobby Lobby didn't shy away either by letting me know exactly how cheap I was. THANKS LADY! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...