Sunday, September 5, 2010

Paper flowers


I've been meaning to do a post about this for awhile. Just hadn't gotten around to it...until now.

Here are some simple and cheap paper flowers that we have hanging above Ry-pie's dresser/changing table.

First take a pack of tissue paper. I unfolded the whole pack cut in half lengthwise and then cut again crosswise so I ended up with this.

Then I just pleated the paper (accordian style), over and under until all the paper is folded.

Next just tie the center together with ribbon, yarn, or fishing line.
Unfold your paper and fluff up some. You should wind up with a nice fluffy paper flower.

Have you met my home-girl Martha? Martha Stewart? Yeah, we go way back. She actually sells make-your-own-kits of thes (thanks Shannon, I would have never known)! You can also make these pretty little flowers even prettier. Just round the ends or snip the ends into a V shape for an extra pretty touch. That's what Martha did. She shows you how here.

I wish I would have done all the flowers with the rounded edge but I'm no Martha. I did get a couple though, and I love them.

Just hang 'em and enjoy. Who wouldn't want to stare up at these fluffs while getting there tushy powdered?! So pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...