Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Candy corn jello



I like jello. But it also kinda creeps me out. Do you really know what gelatin is? Gag. So if I do eat/make jello, I have to block it out otherwise I get grossed out. Putting my love/fear of gelatin aside I had to make this. It was just too dang cute not too!

Granted, it doesn't actually taste like candy corn but it does kinda look like it. And that was good enough for me.

So here you go, a cute recipe for candy corn jello that I picked up at Kitchen Daily. I tweaked it a little bit. Partly because I wasn't going to use a "mold" to make it, but mainly because I'm lazy!
So here is my version of their candy corn Jello.

Ingredients:

1 packet unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 box Orange Jello
1 box Lemon Jello
water

Preparation:



In a medium bowl or larger Pyrex measuring cup, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water and let gelatin absorb water for about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup boiling water for another two minutes until gelatin is dissolved.

Add 1/2 cup condensed milk and stir until smooth and milk has totally dissolved.

Divide between 9 cups. I used these triangular shaped ones from Chinet. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.

Follow the quick-step instructions for the orange Jello. Once the "white" layer is set, divide the orange Jello between cups. Refrigerate until set. Do the same with the yellow Jello. Divide between cups and let set in fridge for a couple hours.



There you have it. Just in time for Halloween.



Go on. Try it. They did!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...