Thursday, October 28, 2010

Procrastination


We've been trying to get CalJ to decide what he wanted to be for Halloween for the past month. His suggestions have ranged from a ketchup bottle, a steam roller, a Backyardigan, a banana, a policeman, and finally - between Iron man or a trash truck. I had really wanted to make him a costume but was slightly terrified of having to construct a garbage truck. I really was trying to talk him into being a young Mermaid Man from Spongebob. He wouldn't budge.

I figured I had a week (this being about a week ago) to get him to finally make his decision and get his costume together. He tells me Sunday night he wants to be a spider. "I promise mama, a spider. That's all I wannna be. A spider"! Monday morning rolled around and I had completely forgotten that he had to dress up for school - the very next day!!! I went to the fabric store Monday afternoon and stayed up 'til almost 1am making his costume. Nothing fancy, by any means. But I was super thrilled that it was something he let me make. :)




And just in case he was going to change his mind - again. I made him a freezer paper spider t-shirt (two hours before he went to school)! This way, if he hated his spider leg jacket he'd still have a little spider shirt to tie everything together.

I still have a few things that I'd like to add but this is it for now.

CalJ, as a spider.

I hate spiders - well - except for this one! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...