Friday, October 8, 2010

Halloween candles


I saw these candles in the latest Pottery Barn Kids Catalogue. I love Pottery Barn, but not always the price tag. These were sold out anyways, so I thought I might be able to re-create something like it myself.

Here's what I did.

Supplies:
Candles (i used white, unscented)
Sharpie

That's it! Nice!


I took my sharpie and drew a design onto the side of the candle.


Easy! I'm no artist so I stuck to a VERY simple eyes and mouth shape - a la - ghost!


I could have used a stencil which would have made them look a lot crisper, but I was lazy and just hand drew my picture. Not too bad I think.

The ones from PB were battery operated so they already had that cool "glow" to them. I had to light my candle and let it burn down quite a bit before it got that look. Worth the wait though, worth the wait.

This was possibly the EASIEST project ever. It didn't even take 5 minutes. Then just light it and let it burn. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...