Friday, July 8, 2011

Strawberry Ice Cubes

It's so hot outside. I mean H-O-T!
I made this delicious treat for us to cool down on the 4th of July.

Combine:
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
In a saucepan, bring to boil.
Add:
1 pint strawberries
and continue to boil for 5 minutes.

Mash up sugar and fruit mixture (I left mine kind of chunky, but if you wanted a smoother consistency you could puree it).


Place mixture in a ice tray and let freeze for at least 3 hours.


When ice cubes are frozen just add to glass.


And then pour in your lemonade - or any other drink that grabs your fancy.
I used this recipe for the fresh-squeezed lemonade.


The ice cubes gradually melt down and add more strawberry goodness to your glass.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Especially because I love strawberries :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...